LINDA MEALEY LOHMANN
Attorney LINDA MEALEY-LOHMANN is an experienced litigator who practices exclusively in the area of ADR as a Mediator and Arbitrator. She handles primarily employment discrimination and workplace disputes and commercial and business lawsuits; but also handles disputes involving breach of contract, home improvement, debt collection, landlord/tenant, homeowner association, and other civil lawsuits.
Prior to her work as an ADR Neutral, Linda was an employment law litigator who counseled and represented clients in discrimination lawsuits in court, arbitration, and mediation (beginning in 1991).
Linda co-authored The Minnesota ADR Handbook: A Guide to Mediation, Arbitration, and Other Processes for Advocates and Neutrals (MN CLE 2011). Linda is a frequent presenter for MN CLE and has written and presented extensively on ADR, mediation, arbitration, and employment law topics since 1995. Linda speaks Mandarin Chinese and has traveled extensively in China for over 30 years. Click here for Linda’s China Connections
LINDA’S ADR APPROACHES
Linda's Mediation Approach
- Linda’s mediation approach is to tailor the mediation process to best meet the needs of the parties for the specific dispute before them. Her approach helps parties to talk about the issues important to them, to fully understand their situation and their options going forward, to identify areas of agreement and build on those, and to exhaust all possibilities for settlement. Linda helps parties identify their own economic, personal, and business needs and interests, and helps them look for ways to resolve the dispute that meet their needs better than continued litigation.
- She encourages parties and their attorneys to think strategically about whether joint sessions or individual caucus sessions or a combination would be best for the specific dispute. She encourages them to be intentional and have a reason for such process decisions, and not rely on a default process. Her experience has shown that mediation offers the opportunity for direct communication among the parties and attorneys, which can increase parties’ understanding of their own and the other party’s perspective on their current situation that often leads to new ideas about how to resolve the conflict.
- In those cases where parties feel that the law should be the controlling standard in resolving the dispute, her approach can help parties understand how the other views the law and the weaknesses/strengths of the case and help them analyze possible legal outcomes and trial risk.
- Honoring party self-determination is the most important guiding principle. Attorneys and parties value her ability to be optimistic, patient, and tenacious in the face of “apparent” impasse. Based on her extensive experience as a mediator and trainer of mediators, she is able to draw on a wide variety of skills to ensure that the needs of the parties are satisfied.
Linda's Arbitration Approach
Linda serves as a Neutral on the following ADR PANELS:
- Administrative Hearing Officer, City of Woodbury, MN (1999 to present)
- Contract mediator for the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (2004 to present)
- Contract mediator for USPS REDRESS Transformative Mediation Program (2007 to present)
- Mediator and Arbitrator Panel Member for ValueSolve ADR, Minneapolis, MN (2011 to present)
- Arbitrator for Better Business Bureau Autoline Lemon Law matters (2012 to present)
- Mediator on the Commercial and Employment panels for American Arbitration Association (2012 to present)
- Arbitrator on the Commercial and Employment panels for American Arbitration Association (2012 to present)
- Arbitrator and Mediator on the Employment and Commercial panels for the ADR Forum (NAF) (2017 to present)
- Volunteer mediator for:
- MN Department of Human Rights (2004 to present)
- Washington County Conciliation Courts (2004 to present)
- Dispute Resolution Center, St. Paul (2004 to present)
- Ramsey County Conciliation Courts (2004 to present)
- Minneapolis Department of Civil Rights (2008 to present)
- Better Business Bureau, St. Paul (2008 to present)
苗丽莲是一名在有着丰富经验的调解员及仲裁员, 涉及工作场所和雇用相关纠纷, 歧视诉讼, 及各类企业商业方面的纠纷.